Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quilts and More

I thought I would post my latest projects. My mother gave me a quilt top started by my Great-grandmother Lydia in about 1930. I added borders to make it larger. It now fits a queen size bed. It took me a while, but I found the name of the pattern. It's called the Wrench. I was worried at first about how much the orange jumped out. Now I like the balance of the orange and red with the accent of blue. I just need to get it quilted.


I also went to a quilt show. It was like being a kid in a candy shop. So many things to see and learn. I signed up to take a class to learn a new technique in making quilts. Of course, it can be used to make wall hangings or table toppers, too. I made this as a wall hanging. It measures about 8 x 35.




Before the quilting bug took over, I was working on making costumes for my friends, Bob and Anne. They went to Los Angeles to compete at the US Open. We had lots of fun putting these costumes together.
In the end,

they looked great and their performance was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment